Fence Authority is committed to a role of environmental
leadership and creativity in all areas of our business.
We will achieve this mission with these specific intentions:
- Enrolling all personnel in a commitment to environmental responsibility at work and beyond
- Acquiring environmentally friendly products to bring to market.
- Recognizing that fiscal responsibility is essential to our environmental future.
- Teaming with our business partners to reduce our carbon footprint.
- Hold true to the mission – Be Responsible!
Our current environmentally responsible efforts:In office: All associates are committed to recycle materials in conveniently placed receptacles. We are working toward a paperless environment through the use of technology.
Production: We produce vinyl and wood fences and gates at three of our five facilities.
- Vinyl Fence Production waste is accumulated and stored in shipping containers that are sent to a vinyl products regrinding facility. The products are then ground to a fine grain and then sold in the secondary vinyl market for grade two vinyl products.
- Wood Fence Production waste is accumulated and deposited into containers that we place in a staging area for the general public to take free of charge. Kindling, Bird houses and children's toys are made from this excellent source of free wood by some of the finest local tinkerers.
- Old Split rail fences and often find their way to our free public staging area and are either used as replacement parts or firewood. Old 4x4 posts go to the same staging area and disappear and we have no idea where they go from there, but they go like hotcakes.
- Old wooden picket and privacy panel fence are sometime made into really cool potting benches which we sell at our stores for very reasonable rates (starting around $55). Some go off to the free public staging area and the less fortunate head off to be chipped for mulch.
- Old Vinyl Fences (not common) and waste from installations are sent to a vinyl products regrinding facility. The products are then ground to a fine grain and then sold in the secondary vinyl market for grade two vinyl products.
- Old Aluminum and Chain Link Fences and waste from installations are sent to metal recycling facilities for smelting and re-use by metal products manufacturers.
All free products are loaded at the risk of the consumer and may contain nails, staples and chemical treatment. Unfortunately, Some of our waste products end up in a landfill.